EVERYDAY MAKEUP

TL;DR /

We're all busy. I get it. I'm a lazy gal at heart so this is the routine that I've optimized for my life / skin / schedule. Makeup helps with my peace of mind -- I like leaving the house feeling like I'm wearing war paint & ready to conquer the day, not looking like a naked mole rat. However, no matter how late I am nowadays, I make a point to wear some form of makeup. If I had to pick one make up item to throw on, it's either a BB or CC cream of some sort (I use this one in times of desperation) or this Stila eyeliner. However, since it's usually not a life or death situation in which I can only pick one item to wear, I wear the items below pretty much 95% of the time (the other 5% I'm probably lounging bare-faced at home).

Routine //

HGXV7534.jpg
  1. I start by applying Urban Decay primer -- the original formulation to my eyelids cuz they get super grease (sorry if that's TMI), but sometimes I use the anti-aging version. The formulations are pretty similar, but I feel like the original has a bit more staying power so I default to that one when I know I have a long day ahead of me.
     
  2. Apply Neutrogena primer to my T-zone. I get super greasy and this formula has been the best bang for my buck. I've tried out plenty of other primers but this is the one I keep coming back to.
     
  3. My eyelidss are properly primed at this point now, so I draw on my Stila eyeliner & pray that I don't screw up my cat eye.
     
  4. Now on to my foundation. I have tried a bunch of foundations & am open to shopping for new formulations, but Urban Decay All Nighter has been my go-to this year. I'm between shades 6.0 and 6.5 right now. I apply with my fingers -- shocker, right? I feel like the formula blends really well & I save product by not using a brush -- I'm all about it because I love cutting unnecessary shit out.
     
  5. Conceal blemishes / undereye circles with this Nars matte concealer in Biscuit. It has great staying power.
     
  6. This might also be slightly controversial but I apply my powder eyeshadow at this point after my eyeliner has had time to dry. I feel like the powder helps set the eyeliner. I either use this travel-size Tarte palette or the Tartelette In Bloom palette. If I have time / am feeling extra, I'll draw an additional layer of eyeliner over the first layer. This really makes my eyeliner pop / locks it into place.
     
  7. I go back to my foundation at this point in hopes that it has dried a bit more. I set with Neutrogena powder -- it's from the same line as the primer. It's the most cost-effective setting / mattifying powder I've found. If you know of any others I should try, I'd love to get some new suggestions. For now, I'll stick with this.
     
  8.  I'm usually running late so the amount of contour / blush I put on is dependent on that. If I'm running really late, I'll slap on my Benefit Hoola bronzer and call it a day. If I have more time, I'll add a pop of color from this Sephora palette (I've been loving all the colors!). Then, if I have the most time, I'll top off the look with this theBalm highlighter.
     
  9. This step is also a toss up for me: primer + mascara. I don't have super long lashes, but I don't really mind if I'm just heading into my routine work day. I used to get lash extensions, so got used to skipping this step & maybe that's why I don't feel the need to do it anymore. Also, a bunch of formulations used to leave marks under my eyes, which is problematic because I love to sleep on public transportation / my eyes randomly water. However, if I am doing this step, I use this super cheap e.l.f. primer + natural / organic / gluten-free / vegan mascara (thanks to my cousin, Georgina, for the recommendation! She's all about natural beauty, so any natural product I feature is usually from her). I can seriously vouch for this combo because I've fallen asleep after a long night out in it and it never left a mark!
     
  10. This step is crucial for me -- if I don't do it, I end up looking like an oil slick by EOD. Spray Kat Von D setting spray. Set it & forget it!

And done! Let me know if you end up trying any of these products / tricks!

///

Stay tuned for my "extra" make up routine for when I have more time / want to look extra fancy.